Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Day Four Return to Disneyland (Tue)

Our pace now seems to slacken as were are now in a sight seeing mode. We have done a majority of both the parks and now we are trying to pick up a few of the ones we had skipped. I will make one comment about the number of people we saw today. So far the patronage of the parks had been light, however this morning the park was swamped. We thought it might just be the fact that we had not made it into a park near opening, but it appears that the nearness to Christmas or a desire to avoid the weekend had yielded an influx of park-goers all day long.

Our first stop was shopping. As you can see my wife, my brother, and I are sporting our new Disney aniversary t-shirts. My wife had to exchange her's this morning for a different size. The quest led all over and ended in Frontierland so it was only natural that our first ride would be Thunder Mountain Railroad. It is the "wildest ride in the wilderness" after all. Next up was Tom Sawyer's Island. My wife and I were unable to do this one at the beginning of the year due to weather. I was looking forward to it. This is also the site of Fantasmic. It is amazing that such a huge show can take place here. They hide it so well and even let you wander around the spot where Mickey battles a three story dragon. I think Tom's island would have a greater effect if anybody read the book. I was the only one in my group. It is a good read. I highly recommend it. It seems like everyone has read Huckleberry Finn, but poor Tom is forgotten. My brother had chosen to sleep in, but he caught up with us as we were finishing the island. We stopped at the Materhorn next. Then it was off to toon town. We needed some more pictures with characters if this trip was truely going to be a success. Or at least that is what I am told.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home